Today when I got home from work I was talking to my mother-in-law. She told me the brother of a girl in my ward was in a major car accident last night. They're keeping him on life support until all the family can get there and then will have the funeral on Friday. He's 19, just like Carrie. I wasn't planning on doing a sad post today, but I guess things come up.
I know I need to call her and I got her number from her aunt, but I'm trying to remember what it was like for me right after Carrie died. I don't think I could have talked to anyone about it right away. In fact, I was glad when people later told me they tried to call but couldn't get through (probably because I was talking to my parents). I would have lost it, so I guess I just assume it's the same for her. Add to that the fact that I will start sobbing--I don't know if I'd be any help or comfort. On the other hand, it meant so much to know people cared. That's what got me through it and still does now. When I called my mom to ask her what I should do I couldn't even get through the first sentence of the story. Maybe I'll call her after the funeral because it was after everyone went home and people stopped coming by that I felt the most empty. Who knows. I'm just rambling to get my thoughts out.
My heart aches for her and her family and pray they will lean on each other and the Lord for comfort.
1 comment:
Love you Ruthanne!
I think about Carrie a lot. My heart still aches for your family and for you. I can only imagine how hard it has been for you to remember those days after Carrie's funeral. It's hard when events happen that remind you of sad times in your life. Just know I am thinking about you.
Post a Comment