
Two posts in a day? I know, it's crazy.
Yesterday was one of my TAs' birthday and I always bring cupcakes for everyone on birthdays. Well, Saturday I didn't feel like going to the grocery store to get a cake mix and frosting, so I just decided I'd be domestic and make cupcakes from scratch on Sunday. Sunday night comes around and I get on the net to find a recipe for chocolate cupcakes. I found a good one and was going down the list of ingredients. Got it, check, check. Then I get to eggs. Oh no! I used the last of the eggs on french toast who know how long ago (I'm not a big egg eater). Of course it's Sunday, so I'm not just going to run to the store and pick up some eggs. I can't change things up and make cookies because they need eggs, too. What a dilemma.
Troy and I decided we'd just go to Albertsons before work in the morning and get cupcakes from the bakery. Well we went at 6:30 this morning and they had cupcakes, but holy crap-o! The smallest amount I could buy was 20 and they were all fancy (because of course you're only going to buy cupcakes when you want them to be extra special because it's not that hard to put some batter in a pan and slop some frosting on), so we spent $11 on cupcakes when if I had only had a measley carton of eggs I could made them for about 2 bucks. That teaches me to procrastinate on my grocery shopping (seriously my fridge is near empty and at 5:00 I still haven't gone to the grocery store)!
3 comments:
Ha ha! Too funny.
You know you can substitute your eggs and oil with mayo... and if you use low fat... it cuts the fat a lot! And you can't even tell. I use low fat mayo in cookies sometimes and you can't tell the difference at all. Just FYI next time you are out of eggs. :)
By the way... just in case
3/4 cup lowfat mayo = 1/2 cup oil and 2 eggs
Thanks for the tip! I was wondering if there were something I could substitute, but was too lazy and nervous to try it.
Post a Comment