Okay, so Kamie tagged me a while ago, but I haven't taken the time to sit and think of 10 things about me. But because Michelle is mad at me now, I'll do my best.
1. I LOVE that song on the Old Navy sweater commercial. Sweaters, who cares? In fact I really don't like them, but I stop everthing I'm doing when the commercial comes on so I can listen to the song (see my other post to watch the video). I just did a little googling and found out the song is called The Way I AM by Ingrid Michaelson and it's now on my playlist. Yay!
2. I love to read but sometimes it takes me three weeks to finish the simplist book because I just can't get into it. However, once I start a book I have to finish it. Over Christmas break last year I read the dumbest book in one evening because I just had to finish the stupid thing. I feel stupider for reading it. This is the book--don't even start it if you are like me and have to finish. Actually, just don't start it. 

3. I love living outside of Utah. I miss home and I miss my friends and the scenery, but I love living in a town with only one ward and lots of people who are not members. It just makes the ward a lot closer.
4. My favorite pro football team is the Tennessee Titans. I think I like them because they were the underdog in the first Superbowl I ever watched and they almost won! Plus I like the colors of their uniforms. 

5. Man, this is hard. I think I've always been a sucker for the tragic element of things. I love movies, books and music where the ending isn't happily ever after. Ooo, like Pirates 3 and Thomas Hardy novels (even though they take a while to get into). Good stuff. 

6. Being the oldest child is not all it's made out to be. When I accomplished something let getting good scores on college entrance exams or graduating from college, I was very pleased with myself. But once I set the benchmark my younger siblings always surpass it. That's right sis and bro did better on the ACTs and sis plans on getting her masters and bro is going to be a doctor. I just can't win. But I love them lots. :)
7. I love beachy and acoustic music. I didn't think that was too surprising until some kids at school told me they were surprised I like Rooney's When Did Your Heart Go Missing and Dashboard Confessional. One said he pictured me as a violins and harps kind of girl (which I do enjoy, but it's not my usually my first choice).

8. Okay, this is a big confession, but I get hooked on a lot of reality TV shows. There are a lot that are too out there for me, but I do get sucked into a lot of stupid stuff. I don't know if anyone remembers Paradise Hotel on Fox many summers ago, but Troy and I were hooked. Now I love A&E reality like Flip That House, Intervention and the First 48. Oh, and VH1 is a regular channel in our house.
9. I'm not really a good blogger, but I love to look at other people's and I figure it isn't fair for me to snoop when others can't do the same to me. But it's fun to tell my stories and stay in touch with long lost friends (aren't those pretty much the only ones who ready this).
10. Yay, nearly done. Um, this isn't really random, but I really miss my sister. It's weird because we weren't as close as we were with our other siblings, but there's still a big whole inside. Sundays are the worst because I have an hour in sacrament meeting to just sit and as much as I try to focus on the speakers, my mind thinks of her and how it felt right after she died. Strange, but today I found myself wishing I could go back to right after she died (obviously if I had my first choice it would be before she died, but stay with me) because although the feeling in my house was sad, it was also filled with support--both from each other and from everyone in town. Now we've all moved on and forget that the emptiness is still there, sometimes even within my own family.
Okay, finished. I don't have many blogging friends, especially that look at this blog, but just in case:
1. Kara because she's always full of randomness.
2. Lacie because I miss her and could use a dash of Lacie Jo.
3. Mande because she always comes up with very interesting and thought-provoking stuff.
4. Troy because he's obligated.
Umm, that is really all the friends I have, so if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged and let me know so I can read up on you!
3 comments:
I like that song too. The other commercial I like is the ipod commercial with the music video playing on it. I wish I knew the name of that song.
Is that the come for the Nano, where they're picking up all the ipods? If so it's 1234 by Feist.
YES!!! That's the one. Thanks a BUNCH!!
Post a Comment