I thought about titling this post "I'm becoming my mother" but can't because although we tease her a lot about making a fool of herself, I don't think she's pulled this one off:
Around 5:30 I decided to go check the mail. When I returned to my front door, I discovered that I had locked the door behind me out of habit. That's right, I locked myself out. I knew the back door was locked, too, but just to be sure I walked around to check. Yep, my obsession with security got the better of me. The closest accessible key was with Troy at the high school football game and my car keys were inside the house. Fortunately I had slipped on my Nikes instead of flip-flops, so I tied my shoes and set off on the five block walk.
Lucky for me staff members get into the game free and the ladies working the ticket booth know me. I had no purse, no wallet, no staff ID card--just me and my mailbox key. I found Troy right off, told him my blunder and rested for a minute before walking home. I opened the door just as it was getting dark so I'm glad I decided to check the mail at 5:30 instead of 7:00.
As a side note, there was still no power at the high school, but they announced the power should be back on about 15 minutes before scheduled kick-off (uh, kinda need lights for a night football game). I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Maybe I'll drive by (because I now have access to keys) just after 7:00 and see if the lights are on. What a day.
No comments:
Post a Comment