Friday, September 28, 2007

Toot Toot

That's right, that's the sound of me tooting my own horn. I just repaired my toilet. Okay, it wasn't anything too rough, just replacing the flapper, but I'd never done it. My landlord suggested that may be the problem, I looked it up on the net, went to the hardware store, picked one out and came home to replace it. Hooray for home improvement! The funny thing is that when I was talking to my landlord he asked if Troy was home to fix it. Excuse me? I told him Troy's even more clueless about stuff like that than me. Although one good thing I must say for my wonderful hubby is that he'll figure things out fast, that smart boy. Anyway, I digress. I fixed the toilet so now I don't have to listen to it run 24/7 or turn on and off the water everytime it gets used. Gold star.

P.S.--This isn't my toilet. Just an example of my skills. Oh, and it's a lot harder when the front of the tank isn't cut out. I'm lucky I don't have fat man hands. He he.


2 comments:

Michelle said...

Woohoo...way to go Ruth!! Look at you, all handy and stuff.

dust and kam said...

That is awesome! I think I need to try that same repair on our toliet!! Grr.... it's only been three years! Ha ha!