Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I am NOT thankful for ants!

Oh my gosh, I'm going to go CRAZY!!!! My life is a constant battle with out little six-legged roommate. Well, make that dozens or hundreds or thousands or millions of them. Who knows when it will stop. In the interest of keeping this short, I won't go into the whole story, but lets just say that pre-July we'd have occasional ants, but nothing too bad. Then we came back from a month's vacation and they've taken over. I promise my house was clean when we left and I still keep it clean, but they are resilient! They showed up in the pantry (where else) and once we got rid of them there they disappeared for a while, but then we found an actual anthill at the base of our toilet after we returned from our A/C outage. Today I had a loaf on banana bread on the counter, properly stored in a bread bag and discovered the little buggers had eaten hole in the bag and were all over the counter. I got rid of them but still feel like I have ants crawling all over me. Oh, and they bite, too. NOT COOL. Anyway, if you ever find yourself in a similar situation, baby powder works wonders. It kills the ants (I read is eats away their exoskeletons--sick) and keeps them away. Plus you just have to vacuum it up. Needless to say my kitchen and bathroom are covered in white powder. At least it smells better than Raid.

3 comments:

dust and kam said...

Oooh.... so much fun! I don't like ants either.

But at my house.... it's stink bugs. Eeewww...

Good luck with those ants. I wonder how baby powder does on stink bugs.. hmmm.....

KFinley said...

Thanks for the ant trick, that really would have helped when we lived in Cedar...

Anywho! Maybe someday I'll have to battle with them again.

I hope you are able to get rid of them!

Michelle said...

UGH!! I hate bugs. We had ants this year. We could not figure out where they were coming from and couldn't get rid of them. They would disappear whenever we would go through dry spells. I guess they don't like the rain. :)

We had a flea problem the summer before. We have friends with inside pets and I guess they decided they needed to share the fleas with us. I never knew you could bring them home with you. UGH!! We even moved and they followed us there. It took us FOREVER to get rid of them. We finally had to resort to harsh chemicals. lol. We don't go visit those friends much any more. :)