Saturday, August 9, 2008

Confession

1. I am an Olympic junkie. I missed a lot of the opening ceremonies last night and now that I've seen highlights, I'm bummed that I did. I did see the torch lighting, which was awesome. To make sure I don't miss anything else (and because I love it) I have spent all day in front of the TV watching random sports in which there was no American in contention. I think one of my favorites was the women's weightlifting this morning. Weird, I know. The only reason I've broken away now it because beach volleyball is the only event currently being broadcast and I have a hard time getting in to that one. Additionally, I had to get online to check the schedule for tomorrow. I haven't told Troy yet, but the men's basketball game again China starts just as sacrament meeting begins. He'll miss all of it. I may have to peek into the Sunday school classroom as I make my primary to make sure he doesn't slip out. Just kidding. He's a good boy. There will be plenty more basketball action (unless the "redeem team" falls flat on their faces, in which case I wouldn't want Troy watching that anyway).

2. I am a fan of the Twilight series. I don't remember if I've mentioned this, but you'll get to hear it again. Don't read the rest of this paragraph if you haven't read the last book (I won't give that much away anyway). I liked the fourth book, but not as much as the others. I didn't really "get" Renesmee (partly because of that awful name!) and the story wasn't as intense for me once Bella became a vampire, but it was a decent ending to the story and I didn't walk away too disappointed.

3. I don't think there is a three. At least not that I want to share. :)

4 comments:

Jason said...

I love the Olympics too. Good thing the term is almost over because I get nothing done when the Olympics are on. You can't get into beach volleyball? I liked that one. But the best of the day for me was men's gymnastics.

Katie said...

Hey Ruth!
Hope you don't mind That i stumbled into your blog!! I agree exactly with the last book in the Twilight Series!

The Pooley Tribe said...

Yeah for the Olympics! You know what random sport I like? Curling. Too bad it's only in winter. Umm...Twilight. Sheesh Don't get me started. :)

Ashley said...

i agree, the reneesme name was so awkward to read! I was like, bella! What are you thinking! But i still loved the series all the same!