Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Mom Update

Hey everyone, just a quick update on my mom. They've diagnosed her with Primary Cardiac B-Cell Lymphoma. Basically she has lymphoma that has originated in her heart. It's very rare and none of the doctors here have ever seen it. Today we're moving her to the University of Utah and the Hunstman Cancer Institute. They haven't worked with it either, but have more capabilities than Utah Valley. From the few cases we've found, the cancer is responsive to chemo, but they have to do it slowly and carefully so the recessing tumor doesn't leave a hole in her heart. I'll give you more info when I get a chance.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow Ruth. When I read her diagnosis to Mike, before I could read any more he said, "wow...that's rare!" What are the chances, aye. We will be keeping all of you in our prayers.

Ashley said...

She is definitly in our prayers as well!

dust and kam said...

I have been thinking about you and you family a lot and wondering how your mom is doing. I hope that things are improving and that the doctors will know what steps to take.

You and your family our in our thoughts and prayers!

Brittany said...

Matt and I are praying for her. We are thankful that Lindsay is marrying into such an awesome family.