Friday, January 4, 2008

Maybe It's Because It's New Years

I'm getting in one of those "I need to accomplish something" moods. Although you wouldn't be able to tell because I still haven't unpacked and I've been on the computer all day. When we got back our patio was covered in dead leaved and pigeon poop, so I swept all that up (it's still in a pile on the cement, oops. I'll have to take care of that tomorrow) and pulled most of the weeds in my flowerbeds. I say most because I'm not sure if some are weeds I not. I know I didn't plant them, but last years I ended up with tiny white chrysanthemums growing randomly. I can see I have some of those coming up again and some other leaved that look too delicate to be weeds, so we'll see what happened. Blythe is full of surprises.

Speaking of Blythe, today when we were driving down Highway 95, I actually felt like I was coming home. I think that's the first time since we moved here. I mean, I've looked forward to getting into my house after a day out of town, but driving into the valley today, I was struck by the beauty of the desert. I found myself happy to be back in the area. It's a nice feeling. I guess the southwest has grown on me.

Lastly, when I was home of the holidays, my dad was playing with his new camera. Of course I don't want one as fancy (read pricey) as his, but I decided I want to be a better photographer with what I do have. So I've joined Kamie and have started another blog. Everyday we post a new picture featuring something new, whether it's a technique, subject or whatever. The site is www.petersonpictureblog.blogspot.com so be sure to add it to your list of places to visit daily and feel free to join us!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm so tempted to join you guys. But I know compared to everyone else, my pictures would SUCK! Maybe one day. But in the mean time, I am loving everyones pictures.

AvianMaven said...

Hey I randomly saw your post as I was searching for things about birds. Congrats on your productivity. I just wanted to let you know that when it comes to cleaning up wild bird droppings it is best to do a wet clean rather than a dry sweep. The reason for this is that bird droppings can contain diseases or fungi that become airborne as the droppings dry out and are swept up. The particles can then be unknowingly inhaled and humans can become ill with diseases like histoplasmosis or cryptococcus, etc. The illnesses are really rare so don't worry or anything but it's better safe than sorry in the future.