Over Labor Day weekend we went to Phoenix to see Troy's sister, watch a baseball game and say goodbye to our friends who are moving to Philly next month. I will discuss three highlights:
1. Troy's sister wants to make room in her garage so she made us go through all her old baby and toddler clothes so she can toss the ones we think are ugly and would never use. The clothes sorting was as exciting as you'd expect. However, our niece and nephew were funny. They couldn't understand why we were looking at all these baby things if we weren't having a baby. Apparently there's no need for thinking ahead in the mind of a 7-year-old.
2. Monday morning our nephew Kyler was on a wild streak. While Troy was in the shower Ky decided to booby trap the place. He placed small rocks outside the bathroom door, leaned 8" skewers against it and tied a top vacuum cleaner to the handle. Then he put a bunch of stuff on the stairs. I don't know if he was trying to be sneaky (not successful) or just make things difficult.

3. Later that day we went to a Diamondbacks game with our friends, the Durrants. I am not a baseball fan. In fact, the biggest ballgame I'd watched was my brother's little league playoff game. But this was really fun. Baseball is MUCH better in real life than on TV. Because I don't have a team and Troy's team wasn't involved, we rooted for the D-Backs. There was a lot of scoring and a come-from-behind-win for the home team, so that made it extra exciting. Randy Johnson pitched (that's the only player name I recognized), but he's old so they pulled him in the second or third inning. Apparently I should have been extra excited because a guy hit for the cycle--meaning he hit a single, double, triple and home run--and it only happens once or twice a season, but on SportsCenter that night I learned another guy it the same day and a total of four did it in the last month. I think Troy was exaggerating the cool-ness. :) Another note: I did decide that being a spectator is very dangerous. On TV it looks like the foul balls gently float into the stands, but those things are lethal! I was greatful I was in a very safe box behind the plate.

5 comments:
Sounds like fun! That booby trap is like something Davis would build. I think it's a boy thing :)
wow sounds like an exciting labor day! oh by the way ruth, i made homemade jam =) you would be proud. Did i eat it? nope, but i made it!
What did I tell you about "LIVE" baseball? It's all about those pants! Sounds fun!
We used to go to games all the time when we first moved to Kansas City. They are MUCH funner to watch live. A couple years ago the royals were (they might still be) on a losing streak. So whenever they made it to a certain # of runs, everyone got a free box of krispy kream donuts. All you had to do was take in your game ticket to krispy kream. We lucked out twice and scored donuts. SWEET. Good times!
What fun! Hey it's October now. We need an update on the life of Ruth & Troy. Miss you. Seems like forever since I've seen you.
Post a Comment