Saturday, July 26, 2008

Childish fun

The other day I was playing on my computer and discovered I could get additional gadgets for my Vista sidebar. I was bored of the date and notepad, so I decided to check out what other people had invented for my entertainment. I found some handy things and some time wasting things (always the best). I must say the greatest find has been a little program called "say it." It's just a little bubble where you type something and your computer will say it. Of course there is absolutely no purpose for using this program, but simple things entertain simple minds and Troy and I are happy to do the work others may be too ashamed to do.

Anyway, first we made it say things like "Troy is cute," "I like cheese," etc. Then Troy, my 14-year-old trapped in a 26-year-old's body, typed (beware those with tender eyes or like to think Troy and I are more mature than we really are) "Poop tastes delicious." Although the funny part was that the computer wouldn't say poop. It pronounced it like food with a p: pood. Very strange. Then we tried to substitute it with poo, but the computer just spelled the word out. I guess the author of the program tried to adolescent proof it. But really, who does s/he expect to use this pointless program besides those with time to waste and nothing to say?

6 comments:

Autumn said...

Wait, people think Troy's mature!?! Who? Kidding :)

Cute layout!!

~kamie~ said...

That is fu-nay!

You two crack me up!

Ruth said...

Yes, yes, I know. Anyone who knows us wouldn't be surprised by this story, but I had to put that tidbit in there to warn the occasional passer-by. :)

Brandt said...

Ruthie-Poo! I can't believe it, you found me! How are you? I am trying to check out your blog, but my husband is being a computer hog. I can't wait to see what you've been up to.

The Pooley Tribe said...

Hey! I'm liking the layout! Very fancy! Sounds like you guys need a hobby or something so you don't have to make your computer say silly things.:)

B.T.B.B. said...

We thought that site was so funny. We typed in Breven and it said Breeeeeven...long e. He cracked up. So cool you guys are here too! Hope you enjoy the cooler weather.