A couple times a year our ward has a rummage giveaway. Not a sale--members and the community just come and get what they want/need. I think I've only actually picked up two dress shirts for Troy that a lady handed to me with a look that said she expected me to take them (BTW-they are in the stack of things to donate this time around). The thing I love about the giveaway is giving my stuff away.
Between making space for baby and not wanting to move stuff I don't use, we are in the middle of a major purge. I love it. Once we get it all into one place I'll have to take a picture. However, I look around and we just have too much stuff! The new house is three bedrooms and has a garage, but it's still small. I'm all about small. I want to live a small and simple life, so having all these things really bothers me. But a lot of it is stuff I either can't bring myself to get rid of yet or things I use just often enough that I don't dare get rid of them. My piano keyboard, for example. I never use it because 1) it doesn't sound or play like the real thing and 2)I play terribly. But I can't just get rid of it, can I? And what about the quesadilla maker that I've used twice but oh those quesadillas were so good! Too many tough decisions.
4 comments:
I LOVE not having a lot of stuff but once I have it I hate getting rid of it. Go figure. It's not that I think I need it or even want it but I can't always remember where I got it and what if someone gave it to me as a gift and they'll be disappointed if I don't have it anymore. Or what if it's one of my kid's prize possesions and I just don't know it. My head's hurting just thinking of all these variables ;)
PS My whole family is going to be in Blythe for homecoming. We need to go out to ice cream or something!!
It's all about the 12 month rule, if you don't use it in 12 months - its gone! But that's just the rule in the Finley household.
Good luck purging - its so refreshing! When do we get to see pregnant pictures?
Autumn, we will definitely have to get together when you're here.
Kara, I try to follow that rule, too. Some places in the house are definitely easier than others! I should do some preggo picks now that I'm actually starting to show. But you know how I am with posting pics!
ha ruthanne you make me laugh! How exciting that you guys are moving into a home! You will definitely have to post some pics of your new place. and I am with Kara, I want to see some pics of the baby growing!
Post a Comment