Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Day 50 is Lucky

Yes, this is an actual picture of my actual (very dirty) car.

It has finally happened! I got the plates for my car today!!! The paperwork to change the title arrived, Troy signed it, I sat at the DMV for 20 minutes, the guy typed some things, and he gave me my plates! I was actually a little disappointed that he didn't jump up and do cartwheels like I felt like doing, but I played it cool. Perhaps not seeing my face with angry eyebrows any more isn't as exciting for him as I thought it would be. Oh well. It's all over and I am now legal. Hooray!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow...day 50! After reading your previous entry, I am doing cartwheels for you! Sheesh.

KFinley said...

They must have seen your previous blog!

I'm glad you're finally legal - do some cartwheels for me!

Erica said...

Woo Hoo! I'm so happy to hear that! I will do some cartwheels for you as well.

B.T.B.B. said...

Don't you just LOVE California? At least you didn't get pulled over by those mean CHP officers for not having your plates! Ha Ha!

Lindsay said...

Yea ruthanne i am so excited for you! It is about time!

CofCandK said...

Hey Troy and Ruth! I was just blogstocking instead of studying for my class tonight, and I came across your post about your frustrations with the DMV. Surprisingly, this is the subject I have been studying. Not that it will make you any less frustrated (or that you should be any less frustrated), but when there is a car loan secured with a title, and the debtor (you) move states or moves the car from the state in which it was purchased, the lienholder (bank) has four months to file with the new state for a title in that state, or their interest in the car is no longer "perfected", meaning that if you used the car as collateral for a different loan, that new lender's interest would have priority over the original lender if either lender had to collect on the loan. And the only way they could know when the car changed states is to require you to register the car in the state in which you live.
Thanks for helping me study!
By the way, I met Chris Christensen from Richfield today, do you know him?

Ruth said...

Wow Chris, that is heavy stuff. I'm glad our little experience gave you an opportunity to apply your vast knowledge!!