Tuesday, November 20, 2007

All I Want To Do Is Vacuum!

Doy (that's a little something coined by my old college roommates basically meaning "This is pretty much the dumbest thing ever," although we used it all the time).
So my vacuum bag got full as vacuum bags will. This is the first time I've had to replace it since pulling my vacuum out of the box a year ago, so I checked the vacuum and it said to use a "U" bag. Okay, so I go to Kmart (because that's the only place to get vacuum bags here) and lucky for me they have bags that say "U" on them. Of course they're made by some random company, but the letter matches, so I figure I'm set.

I get home and yeah, it's not working. First I had to alter the cardboard hooker-inner-thingy so it would stay in and then the bags too long and then cheap-o Kmart bag doesn't have anything that will seal the connection between the vacuum part that spits out the dirt and the bag. So after vacuuming one little room I opened the thing to check the performance of the bag and although some gunk has made it into the bag, there's a lot just chilling in the outer bag compartment.

Doy. Family coming into town and no working vacuum bag? What's a girl to do? I will have to turn to the internet and make due until I can get a real vacuum bag. Unless any of my Blythe friends can tell me another place in town where I can buy an actual brand-name vacuum bag. Maybe I'll get lucky at Sears. I'm not holding my breath.

2 comments:

dust and kam said...

Good Luck with that! This is why I love my bagless vacuum! Ha ha!!

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!!

Michelle said...

Doy. I love that word. I may start using it. haha. :)