Well, it's 113 degrees right now. During the last hour of work I guess some the classrooms were without A/C, but not my library, as far as I could tell. Thank goodness! I had enough hotness last week when the A/C at my house was waiting for repair. Good things I have great in-laws in town that we could stay with. Anyway, one more day of textbook distribution on a massive scale and then I have to find the stragglers. Hope I don't run out of books. Keep your fingers crossed!
I had a great time chatting with some friends online last night and was even bed by 10:30, but am so groggy I had to have some kids repeat their ID numbers three times today. Good thing there's nothing on TV tonight that I'll be tempted to stay up late for.
Yesterday my mom faxed a copy of the proof for my sister's headstone to me. Even seeing her name in stone in the picture doesn't make it same real. I've heard people say that when the actual headstone is set at the grave it hits them, so we'll see. It's almost like it's a task that has be completed without feeling. That's how it was before the funeral. There was so much to do to get things ready that we didn't have much time to think about what had happened. Something I don't think you can understand if you haven't experienced it. I know I didn't.
1 comment:
Was that me that kept you up late? Sorry, but it was so good to talk to you.
Dang A/C. Our doesn't work well. Good thing it's not 110 degrees outside. At least here our house stays pretty cool.
I hope all goes well as you and your family go through this next step with Carrie. My heart hurts for you and for your family. She is truly missed. I will always remember her for all the good times we spent laughing and goofing off at Hampton. She always brought a smile to my face (well most of the time.. ha ha .. except when I found messes in her rooms :) ) I miss her too.
Post a Comment